I just wanted to say a very big thank you to Lisa Avery who completed her term as chairperson of the Home and School Committee on Monday. Lisa has been a powerhouse of energy and enthusiasm. She has provided great leadership and motivation to the team. I am glad that she will continue to be a part of the committee fundraising for a new playground.
Under Lisa’s leadership the Home and School Committee have:
· Created a blog for the committee
· Increased the use of the Facebook page for communication, (Please click “like” all you Facebook users out there!)
· Held two discos in one night
· Initiated a fundraising movie night
· Organised an amazing Ladies Shopping Night
· Arranged school lunches for term one
· Involved children in fundraising events
· A clear plan of fundraising for 2014.
· Applied for external funding starting with Infinity Foundation.
· Run superb BBQ’s in terms 1 and 4.
Thank you to all the other wonderful committee members and others who help the committee for events. The Home and School Committee bring a wonderful richness to our school community.
There are two upcoming Home and School Events: The Brainwave Trust fundraising speaker (details in the newsletter) and a Twilight toy and book sale.
TWILIGHT TOY AND BOOK SALE FRIDAY 4 APRIL 6 – 8 PM
The Home and School Committee are hosting a massive toy and book sale, sweet stall and BBQ on Friday 4 April. It’s about raising funds for our new playground and all families and friends of Papakowhai School and community are welcome.
How can YOU help us prepare for this event?
Clear out your old toys and books and send them to school. There will be a coloured box for each whanau group at the Office from Monday for your child to place their donated items. There will be a prize for the whanau group with the best collection rate.
Email email@example.com by 26 March if you are able to help with cakes or treats for the sweet stall.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have connections with a local business that can donate toys or other items to be auctioned or raffled.